- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Compulsory research unit
The Applied Education Research Project is unique in that it focuses primarily on a self-led student research project. Building on the foundation of the Research Methods unit, students are asked to identify a topic of concern and to gather and analyse secondary data in support of a research report. Students are aided in their research by a designated Research Supervisor.
By conducting research themselves and presenting their results in a cohesive, professional report, students gain confidence and competence to investigate “real life” problems in the field of education.
Students must complete the Research Methods unit as a prerequisite to the Applied Education Research Project.
- Understand the nature of research
- Identify appropriate literature, data and analyses that address a specific research question
- Value the place of research in professional information generating and decision-making processes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the ethical dimensions of research
- Conduct and critically evaluate research across the lifespan of a research project
- Write a concise, well-referenced and impacting research report for a professional and/or academic audience.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.