- Call Now
- Download Brochure
The unit addresses the key parameters of strategic management, covering the evaluation of the organisation’s internal and external environments, the formulation of organisational mission, purposes and objectives; the development of policies and strategies to achieve them, and the efficient implementation of processes that result in the achievement of organisational objectives.
With a focus on the factors contributing to the sustainable competitive advantage of organisations, this unit will also cover:
- The concepts and perspectives of business strategy
- Strategy formation and evaluation of strategic options
- Business goals, values and performance analysis
- Competitive analysis and competitive advantage
- Resources and capability analysis, business sustainability
- The types and sources of competitive advantage
- Business-level strategies
- Corporate-level strategies
- Strategic networks, partnership and linkages
- Organisational structure and strategic controls
- Global strategies
- Strategy evaluation and reformulation.
- Analyse and evaluate the factors that contribute to a strategic analysis of an organisation through case study analysis and discussion of the elements of strategy formulation
- Demonstrate an advanced, critical appreciation of the relevance of the concept of competitive advantage to business strategy and policy, and its implications for organisational strategy
- Analyse and model the range, scope and complexity of key issues, and problems related to achieving long-term strategic competitiveness
- Critically analyse the way that organisations are structured and resourced with respect to their competitive advantage in local and global markets
- Integrate the functions of business into a framework of strategic management that considers the direction and goals of an organisation, the environment, industry and market structure, and organisational strengths and weaknesses
- Integrate biblical frameworks into a contemporary understanding of business strategy and policy, and exhibit awareness of the ethical challenges involved in formulating and realising business strategy
- Critically appraise business networks, partnerships and alliances, and the policies and strategies associated with managing these relationships in an ethical and sustainable way.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.