- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Specialisation unit in Leadership
Creative, thoughtful educators have an immense capacity to shape and improve nearly every aspect of their school culture. Innovative approaches in areas such as curriculum development, strategic planning, management and pedagogical approaches can set you apart as a leader in your Professional Learning Community.
This unit will examine educational innovation and creativity from many angles, with a particular focus on:
- Creativity, innovation and faith-based schools
- Sources of creativity and innovation in education
- Innovation processes and models in education
- Challenges to creativity and innovation in the school
- Creative decision making
- The school as an organisational culture
- Creativity, innovation and learning
- Building creative and innovative leaders
- Leading with innovation
- Inspiring others towards creativity and innovation
- Wider sphere of leadership: social, economic and cultural creativity
- Evaluating, reflecting and innovating.
In this unit, educators learn to skillfully apply creativity and innovation to resolve issues, enhance leadership and management practices, and bring out the best in their students.
- Understand and describe core principles of creativity and innovation as applied to Christian Education
- Demonstrate understanding of theories and models that impact the practice of creativity and innovation as a Teacher Leader
- Articulate the nature and role of creativity and innovation in a changing educational context
- Demonstrate the application of creativity and innovation Teacher Leadership skills within a range of contemporary educational problems and scenarios
- Create a creativity and innovation framework to use with others in their role as a Teacher Leader.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.