- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Specialisation unit in Leadership
Leadership and management are two distinct and interrelating concepts. In this unit, students consider leadership and management from theoretical, historical and practical standpoints, and learn to develop personal models of leadership and management based on a Christian worldview.
Topics of study include:
- Organisational theory and metaphors of organisations
- Distributive leadership and delegation for ownership and agency
- Vision and leadership
- Spiritual leadership, ethical leadership and servant leadership
- Pedagogical leadership
- School reform and personal leadership.
Students are encouraged to consider what it means to be a Christian, values-driven leader, and to connect what they’ve learned to their personal and professional vision, mission and ethos.
Dr Jeannie Trudel, Lecturer
- Discuss philosophical questions, domains and issues, including faith-based issues, as they relate to school leadership
- Evaluate and assess organisation culture and the impact of diversity as applied to building leadership
- Cultivate commitment to and ownership of the school’s vision, mission, values, and organisational goals, and develop ways to ensure these are upheld in key decisions
- Establish programs and leadership practices to support teachers.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.