- Call Now
- Download Brochure
This unit addresses the role and issues of management in the international environment. The principal aim is to provide students with the requisite knowledge and skills that will enable them to manage in a complex multi-national business environment. The unit also provides an overview of the international economic, political, legal and cultural environments within which international businesses have to operate.
Students will apply theoretical knowledge and skills to real business practice through the following areas of study:
- The changing global landscape and globalisation
- The management challenge in a global environment
- The cultural challenge
- The organisational environment of global management
- Communicating across cultures
- Managing ethical conflicts in the global environment
- Cross-cultural negotiations
- Leading global organisations
- Motivation and iInternational human resource management
- Managing global teams amnd assignments
- Challenges for global managers.
- Critically comprehend and discuss the central concepts and principles of international business
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the relationships between stakeholders, business strategies and organisational structures in international business operations
- Assess and explain the impact of the various geopolitical factors on the internationalisation process of business activities and strategies
- Evaluate the efficacy of the structure of international business operations in an increasingly competitive global environment
- Work with others to critically evaluate an international business operation, including ethical and cultural dimensions
- Demonstrate awareness of the ethical aspects of global management
- Assess the relevance, appropriateness and effectiveness of human resource management practices in an international context.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.