- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Specialisation unit in Curriculum
As professional educators, each student entering Excelsia’s online Master of Education course has developed a personal pedagogy. In this unit, students will consider a range of pedagogical practices in light of the Australian curriculum’s requirements, while reevaluating their personal pedagogy.
A number of topics surrounding instruction and enquiry will be discussed, including:
- Curriculum and pedagogy
- Theories of learning
- Direct instruction
- Enquiry learning approaches
- Student engagement
- Digital and multimedia pedagogy
- The role of assessment and data in leading classroom pedagogies for engagement.
Students will take a faith-based approach in their study of the most significant topics and trends in 21st century pedagogy.
- Recognise the skills necessary to collaborate as a team member
- Define pedagogy and evaluate a range of pedagogical approaches from an Australian context
- Identify the guiding principles of direct instruction, enquiry and engagement in teaching and learning
- Evaluate, as a Teacher Leader, how professional learning is enhanced by using social media
- Learn to assist their Professional Learning Community as they develop resources that will improve achievement.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.