- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Graduate Diploma and Masters unit
Operations management involves effective and coordinated processes and practices in an organisation to convert raw materials into a product or service.
This unit will cover major concepts, theories and tools used to design, control, and improve business processes. Also covered are performance and quality control measures in business operations.
The topics included in this unit are:
- Overview of Operations Management (OM) as systems and processes
- Winning customers and competing effectively
- Operations processes and lifecycles
- Managing operations, supply chain relationships, materials and inventory performance
- Managing capacity, demand and quality
- Designing processes and using technology
- Designing jobs and managing people
- Developing new jobs, products and services, continuous improvement
- Planning for projects, crises and business continuity; uncertainty and risk management
- Operations strategies
- Internationalisation, globalisation and corporate responsibility in OM.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the strategic role that operations management plays in creating and enhancing a firm’s competitive advantage
- Analyse and evaluate the relationships between stakeholders, business strategies and organisational structures in an operational context
- Analyse business operations using appropriate performance measures, such as flow time, throughput rate and capacity
- Evaluate and model ways of effectively implementing theories of quality control activities in business operations
- Assess and synthesise diverse information in order to apply appropriate techniques and tools to address operations management challenges
- Exhibit an advanced level of awareness of the ethical aspects of operations management
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the central theoretical and practice issues, decisions and processes involved in manufacturing and service transformations.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.