- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters unit
Organisational behaviour is the study of how people determine the character, dynamics and effectiveness of an organisation. This unit aims to provide a better understanding of how individuals, teams and organisations function, with a focus on leadership theory and practice.
The unit covers theories, research and practice in organisational behaviour, including:
- Organisational behaviour overview and identification of key elements of organisational influence
- The link between organisational behaviour and leadership
- Organisational structure, culture and design
- Personality, Leadership style and organisational behaviour
- Motivation and organisational coherence; leadership and decision-making
- Communication, social networking and organisational culture
- Organisational learning and training
- Groups and teams
- Leadership - Team, the role of leadership in calibrating organisational culture
- People and positions in organisations
- Organisational change.
- Analyse and explain the linkage between leadership and organisational behaviour
- Demonstrate an advanced, critical appreciation of the relationship and relevance of organisational behaviour theory to organisational citizenship behaviour theory and practice
- Demonstrate an ability to synthesise and apply knowledge and understanding of contemporary theories and research on organisational behaviour to the analysis of case study and research data
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the reasons for different leadership approaches and an advanced ability to apply this understanding to different or novel organisational contexts
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the differences between organisational behaviour and organisational culture
- Integrate biblical frameworks into a contemporary understanding of leadership and organisational behaviour
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of major theories or personality and motivation, how they are assessed, and their influence on organisational behaviour and culture.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.