- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Graduate Diploma and Masters unit
Analyse and examine significant contemporary ethical issues and challenges of business. Emphasis will be placed upon the manager’s social and environmental responsibilities to a wide variety of stakeholders, including employees, customers and the public. Ethical dilemmas, decision-making frameworks and approaches at the personal, organisational and societal levels will be explored from a Christian perspective.
Topics that will be covered in this unit include:
- Business morality or business ethics
- The idea of professionalism and professional ethics in business management
- Normative and descriptive ethical theories in a business context
- Ethical frameworks: a Christian perspective
- Stakeholder relationships and professional responsibility
- Corporate integrity: compliance and good faith
- Ethical decision-making: personal and professional contexts, Christian perspective
- Organisational factors: the role of ethical culture and relationships
- Ethical leadership: is there a need for the adjective?
- A Christian perspective on ethical implementing and organising
- Business ethics in a global economy
- Developing and managing an effective ethics program.
- Analyse, interpret and critique major theories of ethics and morality as they apply to individuals and organisations engaged in commercial activities
- Identify, define and analyse ethical issues and recommend creative solutions to ethical problems within real-world business and complex professional constraints
- Demonstrate an advanced and consolidated ability to synthesise and apply knowledge and understanding of contemporary theories and practices of professional and business ethics in the analysis of challenging case study and research data
- Demonstrate a critical and constructive appreciation of the difficulties, ambiguities and intractability of some ethical dilemmas in a pluralist society, and Christian perspectives on addressing these dilemmas in a professional context
- Formulate and justify a personal ethical position regarding various organisational issues and explain what personal and organisational actions or forbearances are entailed by these issues
- Integrate biblical frameworks with an advanced contemporary understanding of professional ethics
- Research, analyse and evaluate the business environment, and develop ethical leadership strategies to deal with the demands, potential risks and opportunities that may be confronted in this environment.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.