- Call Now
- Download Brochure
Stewardship is the process through which directors, managers, shareholders and others seek to influence organisations for long-term, sustainable performance through contributions to human, environmental and social well-being. The focus of this unit is on corporate governance (the rules, processes, or laws by which businesses are operated, regulated, and controlled), and on its intersection with stewardship.
The unit discusses governance and corporate social responsibility through the lens of stewardship, and includes the following topics:
- Overview of stewardship and leadership
- Ownership, responsibility, stewardship and management
- Essential principles of corporate governance
- Governance and stewardship
- Corporate governance models
- Governance and corporate social responsibility: connecting the dots
- Board functions and structures
- The practice of board leadership
- Sustainability and sustainable development from a stewardship perspective
- Stewardship as a business strategy
- Leadership and stewardship in organisations
- Recreating an organisation through stewardship, leadership and governance.
- Demonstrate an advanced, critical appreciation of:
- the relationship and relevance of stewardship to corporate governance theory and practice
- the relationship and relevance of stewardship to corporate social responsibility theory and practice
- how organisational culture influences corporate governance and social responsibility practices.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of Australian corporate governance history and regulations, and their relevance to corporate social responsibility practices in Australia
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to synthesise and apply knowledge and understanding of contemporary theories and practices of corporate governance and social responsibility to the analysis of case study and research data
- Integrate biblical frameworks into a contemporary understanding of stewardship, corporate social responsibility and governance
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the relationship between stewardship and leadership, and between leadership and governance.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.