- Call Now
- Download Brochure
The foundational study of the Bible in this unit will support all further studies in the Master of Education course. Students will reflect on the overarching biblical narrative and its practical implications for those in teaching and educational leadership positions.
The following subjects will be considered in depth:
- Biblical theology
- Creation and fall
- Redemption in the Old Testament
- Redemption in the New Testament
- Hermeneutical strategies
- The Christian life in light of the biblical metanarrative.
In addition to gaining a solid understanding of the story of the Bible, the study of hermeneutics will benefit students as they learn to correctly interpret and apply scriptural truth to the many issues and responsibilities facing educators today.
Dr Mark Stephens, Lecturer
- Understand the implications of the biblical narrative on Christian education
- Grapple with the ways in which our reading, interpretation and application of the Bible impact our teaching
- Reflect on the ways teachers and leaders are portrayed in Scripture
- Identify both the unity and complexity of Scripture
- Research biblical themes and the ways they are communicated in different genres.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your Excelsia Online student advisor on 1300 917 916 for more information based on your particular circumstances.